The Carrot and Ginger Soup is one of the more traditional soups that is enjoyed and relished, yet it can be quick and easy to make using modern techniques that simplifies the process, thus saving you time to enjoy.
1. Take a large saucepan and heat over medium – high heat, pour 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until it becomes translucent around 3- 4 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, broth (can be vegetable or chicken), orange juice (alternatively use some red wine), ginger (people who don’t mind the taste of garlic can add 3-4 cloves of garlic), and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
4. Allow the carrots to become tender by reducing the heat, covering and allowing to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and remove from the stove.
6. Use an immersion blender or food processor (if using food processor allow to cool slightly depending on your food processor), until very smooth.
7. Return the pureed contents into the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, salt and pepper ( for an added spicy zest, add a dash of curry powder too).
8.Stir and reheat until the soup is hot.
9. Serve the soup into bowls and serve, you can also use your favorite greens as garnish.