Everyone wants to prevent aging and stay young, and it’s a good idea to start treatments early. Doing this helps prevent premature aging – an easier proposition than bringing back the hands of time. There are many products on the market today to halt the ravages of time but these are usually expensive, or full of chemicals, or both.
Fortunately, there are many DIY skin care products for anti-aging. These are a good option for people who want something natural, mild, and reasonably priced when they pamper their skin to keep it youthful. Here are two amazing homemade anti aging recipes you can try to make on your own.
Anti-Aging Facial Mask
It is not unusual for people to spend a fortune in a spa that advertises organic facial masks. Actually, you can easily create such a mask from ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. The benefits of antiaging facial masks include skin firming, pore refining, moisturizing, and restoring the skin’s protective lipid layer. These can also reduce puffiness and fluid retention in the face. Facial masks are among the most popular DIY skin care products for anti-aging.
1 very ripe organic banana
1 large organic, free-range egg
1 Tbsp. raw honey
4 Tbsp. organic rolled oats or oat bran
If you are concerned about salmonella, wash the outside of the egg and dry it before using. You can refrigerate this mask and use it several days in a row, but use everything up within 2 days of making it.
1. Mash the banana by hand, using a fork.
2. Put the mashed pulp in a small bowl. Add raw honey and mix well.
3. Crack the egg and beat until it becomes light and frothy.
4. Add the beaten egg to the bowl and mix well.
5. Put the rolled oats in a food processor or a blender for a few seconds just to break up the larger chunks. You want it to be a chunky, not fine.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of oats to the bowl and mix well. Add 1 or 2 more if necessary. You should have a thick, pasty liquid that will stick on your face.
7. Apply the mask with clean hands on your freshly cleansed face, neck, and backs of the hands.
8. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
9. Give a final rinse with cool water and follow up with a natural toner.
10. Apply a natural moisturizer after like plain jojoba oil.
Olive Oil Night Cream
One of the best ways to prevent premature aging of the skin is the use of night creams. Nevertheless, we are not merely talking about any night cream but one based on olive oil. “Why olive oil,” you might ask. The use of olive oil for the skin dates back to the time of Cleopatra (or maybe even earlier). Aside from being an anti-oxidant, olive oil has certain properties that allow it to lock in moisture in the skin. It works overtime especially when we’re fully rested in sleep at nighttime. Moreover, since it is a type of oil, it can be used to keep the area around the eyes hydrated and is a great make-up removing agent, too.
Now if you want to save on money and slow the aging of your skin down, you might want to try making your own olive oil night cream at home. How do you do it? Here are the steps:
•A quarter cup (1/4) of extra virgin olive oil
•A tablespoon of coconut oil (a wonderful moisturizer)
•A teaspoon of beeswax
•About two capsules (1/4 teaspoon) of Vitamin E
•As an optional ingredient, you can use about 2 to 5 drops of lavender essential oil, too.
1. In a small saucepan, combine olive, beeswax, and coconut oil. Make sure heat is set on low and stir occasionally until the ingredients are melted.
2. Squeeze in Vitamin E and add lavender oil. Let the mixture cool down.
That’s it. You have the option to use the olive oil night cream either whipped or solid. If you want it whipped, place the mixture in a container tall enough to accommodate the height of an eggbeater (or one beater of a hand mixer). Let the mixture cool and wait until it solidifies. Once solid, beat the mixture until it becomes fluffy.
If you want it solid, just let the mixture cool. Make sure to store the olive oil night cream at room temperature. If it melts, just cool it until it becomes solid again. Constant melting and solidification of the night cream won’t affect the cream in any way, since it has antifungal and antimicrobial components.
Enjoy your olive oil night cream and brace yourself for its wondrous anti-aging effects on your skin.